Excellent Reasons Why Photographers Need to Be Unique with Their Photos
Guest Article by Ron Leyba
Photographers are Artists whose photographs act as a canvas for their creations. In my 28 years of stay on Earth, I have seen photographs of the same subject but captured in a different angle. In short, every photographer has his own style to take photo to experiment, stand out and be unique. This is what Avant-Garde Photography is all about.
My dear readers, I must admit that I am in fact not in the position to share bits of ideas about avant- garde photography that’s because I am neither a pro nor a newbie photographer. The only thing that I have done is too look at and appreciate these wonderful creations that are posted on magazine covers, wedding photos, billboards and food blogs. For a long period of time, I have been asking myself what sort of magic do these photographers have to create unique outputs with the same subject.
For several years, I have looked up to them as fairy god mothers transforming a very plain subject into an eye-catching and jaw dropping photograph. Now that I am given a chance to write something about them, I took a lot of time to conceptualize what exactly do these photographers have in mind while shooting photos using their distinctive approaches?
While I was brain storming about it, it suddenly went into my mind to ask two photographers, Ms. Ferina Albano and Mr. Salvador Sias who I think is well versed in this field. This time, we will try to pick the brains of these avant-garde photography job enthusiasts for quite some time with the hope their ideas would help us realize and understand the true meaning of beauty behind these extraordinary doings. So let us get started.
1. For Identity and self expression — Art, according to Ms. Albano, is abundant and found everywhere. She says that everyone has the potential to be an artist. The uniqueness brought about by Avant-Garde is indeed a way to launch ones identity. She added that the goal to stand out is to try every means to be unique even to the point of weirdness.
2. For the risk of experimenting — Trying and experimenting is one way on how artists such as photographers become successful. They risk themselves and accept the fact that they would be criticized badly while selling the artworks.
3. To refresh — “Avant-Garde or Being Unique is refreshing, it serves as an ice breaker that distinguishes art pieces that almost look similar. Without avant-garde Art is boring and boredom in the world of art kills Art per se.
4. To communicate — Photography enthusiast, Mr. Salvador Sias, says that he tries to take a picture of these similar subjects with a different mode of presenting it to personally indulge himself thereby communicating with the audience through his photographs.
5. To incorporate style — Style comes from deep within the artist, according to what Mr. Sias said, a touch of uniqueness within his subject demonstrates his one of a kind skill towards his shots which in the end would make him well-known in the industry.
These photographers whom I have mentioned may not be as expert as those renowned photographers yet I believe that their bravery to be bold, to experiment and be unique serve as a great mirror for amateur photographers to explore what lies beyond the norms.
Photo by Ferina Albano
_____ __ _
Ron Leyba is a Filipino blogger who always wanted to start out capturing great images and photographs of things and stuffs available around us. As of now, he enjoys reading and writing photography related articles to enhance more his knowledge about the art of it.