Visual Merchandising for Christmas: Enliven the Spirit of Holidays in Your Store
We have few days left before Christmas Day 2012. The weather is getting cold even here in Southeast Asia, and perhaps in other countries which experience Winter, surroundings are about or now turning into white.
I know that this post is a little bit late to post about visual merchandising ideas for Christmas, but as what a saying says, “It is better late than never.”
Beautify Your Store with Christmas Decorations
Visual merchandising for Christmas can be a very fun activity when you do it with your creative staffs, in case if you have no display artists or visual merchandisers. You can always search for new ideas from the internet which you can to make a better display.
Here are my suggestions when putting Christmas decors in your:
- Put a Christmas tree near the entrance of your shop. It doesn’t need to be expensive. You can use indigenous material and old decorations to save extra dollars for the other needs of you business. You can also use the products you are selling to form a Christmas tree, the Ferrero Rocher chocolate often do this.
- Place some Christmas balls, ribbons and topiary on your shelves display. This can also draw the attention of the shoppers to the items aside from enhancing the spirit of Holidays in your store.
- Don’t forget to light up the Christmas lights. Use the blinking or transitional ones. Movements catch attention. Remember?
- Check my previous post about symbols of Christmas to select what else you can use for your decoration.
Feature the Christmas Themed Items in Your Displays
Check your stocks and segregate the items with Christmas theme and feature them on your display especially on your Holiday windows. This is the best time to promote them.
How can you identify these items? Here is the checklist:
- Winter clothes which includes scarf, gloves, jackets, boots and other related items.
- Items with checkered green and red or white and blue designs.
- Items with Christmas related designs and icons like red berries pattern, Christmas balls designs, snowman designs, etc.
- Food and drinks that are usually prepared during Christmas Eve.
- Christmas party stuff like costume, confetti, firework and balloons.
- Christmas decoration (that are for sale).
Supplement Your Christmas Decoration and Display
To make you store more lively, you need additional things to do to supplement you display and decoration. The two things I can suggest are:
- Let you staffs wear Christmas costume like Santa’s hood or fancy reindeer horn and other creative costumes which you can afford; and
- Play Christmas songs in your store. Those lovely Season’s jingles will surely enliven the spirit of Holidays in you shop.
I look forward that this posts can help to make the celebration of the Season in you store merrier.
Thank you for reading. Godspeed and Merry Christmas!